I always said I wouldn’t be the mom who didn’t do A B C or D, but after I started having kids I soon realized not only was I doing A-D, I was going all the way to Z. Good analogy right?
One thing I always told myself was that I wasn’t going to over schedule my kids. Heck no would I ever be the mom driving away from practice and thinking, “Frack, what are we having for dinner! No food at home, dangit…Drive through?”
Also, never thought I would say frack.
But alas. I’m that mom.
I talk a lot about being prepared, making smart choices, and all that good stuff. But there are days…daySSSSS where it seems like this that and the other were taking up my time (and brain) and I just couldn’t get it together.
Being a healthy lifestyle blogger, I feel like I should be an example of how to live a perfect healthy life. But you guys, there is no such thing as perfect. And perfect is boring…I love when life is so chaotic I forget to put a bra on. For reals. Love it. #nursingboobsarenotpretty
So let me share this with you…
I have tried my best not to over schedule, and I feel like for the most part we are good, but my kids enjoy going to dance and having soccer games with all their besties! It’s fun to meet at the park with all my mom friends and talk about how crazy life is. Don’t forget homework, family time, play dates, and church stuff. Life is busy, and when those kids start school it gets even busier.
And eventually you will find your self at 6 o’clock driving home from soccer practice wondering what on earth will you have for dinner…
Some days I am prepared, crock pot meal is ready to go and I’m mom of the year. But a lot of days I’m not on top of it, and dinner needs to be fast. Obviously I won’t judge if you pour a bowl of cereal, because cereal saves lives..
But in case you decide to either plan ahead for this or happen to have it all on hand, then this is a good, fast, and if needed on-the-go dinner!
Phew…That was a lot and it’s only 10 a.m….
You know what else saves lives besides cereal? TV…
Haha! Really guys, mom of the year over here!
- 8-10 spelt tortillas*
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1½ c. cooked quinoa, can be flavored with a little salt and pepper
- 1 c. cheese of choice. Cojita would be delicious!
- *I like using spelt tortillas because they are white instead of brown, which can often turn picky kids
- and husbands off 😉
- **I also love adding taco sauce/hot sauce to mine!
- In a bowl, add your avocados, lime juice, a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste, cumin, garlic, and cilantro. Mash together until creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl add your black beans, and season with a little salt and pepper to taste, plus cumin. Set aside.
- Assemble the burritos by adding a little quinoa, black beans, cheese, and guacamole. Fold the burrito, and repeat until done.
- Heat a large pan on the stove, and coat with a non stick spray. Add the burritos, and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, medium heat, until golden brown and warmed through.
- Serve immediately, or wrap up in foil for an on the go dinner!
This recipe is similar to THIS Avocado Taquitos I posted a while back!
So share the details my friends, what are you go-to fast dinners?! I need them, want them, can’t live without them.