19. This week was our anniversary. We celebrated by driving the kids to various sports practices and eventually sharing a late dinner of take-out lobster tail that Paige and I picked up on our way out of Tulsa earlier that night.
And you know what? We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Alex leaving for college has taught us to savor every second of sports practices.
3. I made these cute little cookies this week. They were messy and ridonkulous and I wasn’t sorry.
9. I also made this mango salad this week! It was a triumph. Mango, jicama, red onion, tomatoes, avocado and a lime vinaigrette. I took it to Pete along with carnitas and refried bean casserole to thank him for a long summer of haying.
I thank people with food. I don’t even know how to write notes anymore.
Part if this is that I don’t know how to write anymore. You should see my handwriting! It’s disturbing and worthy of psychological analysis.
1. Salad on a stick! Hilariously weird. (And easy to eat.)
B. This is Duke, also known as Dukie, also known as Dukie Pookie, also known as Toot-Toot, also known as Polar Bear. He is the sweetest, cuddliest, biggest-pawed animal I’ve ever seen.
OH, he’s a good one.
(Yes, Charlie. I still love you. Now go back to sleep.)
10. Thank you so much for your sweet, kind, wonderful support of my line since it launched in stores last week. It’s been so much fun for my family and me, and we so appreciate your emails, comments, and love.
37. In addition to carpooling to soccer practices, filming football games, and approximately 9,449,200 other items on my to-do list, I happen to be shooting shows on the ranch this week and next week! We filmed a picnic show this week, and the picnic basket I had was stocked with subtle navy and tan plates and accessories, which my soul couldn’t take. So I tweaked and replaced things until it looked like a rainbow had exploded in the basket.
I slept very well that night.
5. Meanwhile, I have a new episode on Food Network tomorrow—this one was filmed earlier this summer, and it’s about the “other” men in my life, meaning men other than my husband. There’s Lemon Bread Pudding for my father-in-law…
Sweet/sour suckers for my brother-in-law, who is a candy fiend…
Bartlesville Creme Pie, named after my homeland, for my dad…
And these crazy, crazy delights for my brother Mike.
I hope you’ve had a good week.
I hope you have a good weekend planned.
I hope you’re happy and healthy.
I hope you know how much I love ya.