My eyelashes are tired, too.
As are my elbows.
Along with my earlobes, cuticles, patellae, and scapulae.
2. Do you remember back in April when I wrote this post to let you know that I was beginning the process of redesigning, renovating, and redoing my website? You gave me so much great feedback, I read it all, and then I hit the ground running! I just wanted to give you an update that the new website is going to launch in approximately 18.82933472263 days, give or take eleven months.
So basically, in about 2 1/2 weeks.
It’s gonna be different but same, new but familiar, exciting but weird…and (this may or may not be a good thing, depending on your perspective) I’m going to be a little more up-in-your-business than I have been lately. I’m excited, though! I love blogging and the new site is going to allow me to do some more things I’ve been wanting to do in the blogging realm. Can’t wait to show ya!
3. I shared this with Marlboro Man last night, and after I told him, he paused, grinned, and said, “This might be something we want to keep between us.”
Which means I’m going to share it with you now.
I’ve been walking somewhat religiously, paying careful attention to meet my daily FitBit goal of 10,000 steps, since May of 2014, with the exception of a several-week wagon fall-off earlier this summer. So that basically means I’ve been walking regularly for fifteen months. And only this week did it finally occur to me that in order to gauge how far I needed to walk each night to hit my goal, I needed to check how many steps I have left that day, and travel half that distance down the road because then, by the time I walked back to the house, I would hit 10,000.
I’m nothing if not quick!
4. You may have seen these on Instagram or Facebook but just in case you didn’t…here are a couple of peeks of my product line!
It’ll be available September 1 (also known as approximately 24.559382273 days, give or two forty years, and I’m kinda excited! I obsessed over every dot, every flower, and every handle. And every color. And every lid!
5. Tomorrow morning, my Food Network show is all about a graduation party Hyacinth and I threw for our daughters Meg and Alex back in May! I mentioned it briefly at the time, but you’ll get to see all the fun details tomorrow. We had such a great time and only cried nine times during the course of the evening!
6. Speaking of Meg, she leaves for college in a few days, and these two are spending their final time together this weekend. They’ve been best friends since birth, basically, and even though they’re both excited for their respective adventures ahead, the tears have already started to roll a little bit.
My nose is starting to sting.
There’s something in my eye.
I’ve gotta go find something funny to look at! Maybe I’ll find Charlie trying to catch a rabbit out in the hay meadow.
The futility of that activity is always entertaining.